Tuesday, August 23, 2016
• Provided background information to local and Rio-based production teams for boxing, wrestling, fencing, judo, taekwondo and canoe/kayak
• Responded to inquiries regarding statistics, records and pronunciations
• Monitored traditional and social media for newsworthy items
Some of the storylines I helped research and promote:
• Fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad becomes first U.S. Olympian to compete while wearing a hijab
• Judo athlete Majlinda Kelmendi wins Kosovo's first Olympic medal since declaring independence in 2009
• Tension between Olympians from Israel and Arabic countries
Monday, August 17, 2015
Fort Worth, Texas
2012 - 2015
• Helped launch and operate 350-bicycle, 45-station bike share system
• Grant writing & management: awarded $500,000 in federal funding for system expansion
• Helped organize and promote system launch event featuring 300-volunteer bike ride garnering $130,000 in earned media coverage
• Oversaw communications efforts, including media relations, public relations, social media, event planning, and website and newsletter management
• Garnered coverage from media outlets around the world, including NBC Nightly News, Texas Tribune and Fort Worth Star-Telegram
• Created social media presence and rose following to 2,897 on Facebook 2,549 on Twitter and 1,040 on Instagram
Click HERE and HERE for press releases.
Click HERE and HERE for media clips.
Saturday, August 15, 2015
Venue Press Manager
- Oversee media operations for canoe/kayak and soccer venues at world’s third largest multi-sport event
- Oversee teams of up to 20 volunteers
- Serve as a liaison between athletes, officials, venue management, broadcasters, photographers and the written press
Thursday, January 8, 2015
Media Relations Assistant
Fort Worth, TX
December 2014-January 2015
• Wrote articles on the game and pre-game festivities for www.ArmedForcesBowl.com
• Helped staff the media center and press box before and during the game.
Article links: Clip 1, Clip 2, Clip 3
Friday, July 13, 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
June 2010 - May 2014
• Media contact for U.S. Olympic Canoe/Kayak Team at London 2012 Olympic Games
• Media contact for the Olympic sport’s national governing body
• Wrote press releases, facilitated interviews, and updated website
• Garnered coverage from media outlets around the world, including Sports Illustrated, Time magazine, ESPN, BBC, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Sports Business Journal and NPR.
• Grew following on Facebook (from 2,538 to 5,213) and Twitter (from 0 to 4,898)
Click HERE to read a recap of the 2013 Sprint National Championships
Click HERE to read a recap of the 2013 Slalom National Team Trials
Click HERE to read the story of paracanoe athlete Megan Blunk.
Click HERE to read the story of two Hungarian-American kayakers.
Steve Reed, Associated Press, “Kayaker takes time off from school to chase Olympic dreams”
Amy Shipley, Washington Post, “London 2012: Kayaker Scott Mann trying for third time to make U.S. Olympic team”
Tripp Mickle, Sports Business Journal "Rowing, rowing, gone: USA Canoe/Kayak moving its headquarters to Oklahoma City"
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Young ReporterInnsbruck, Austria
• Represented the U.S. as part of the International Olympic Committee's "Young Reporters" program - one of 15 reporters from around the world
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
May 2011 - May 2012
• Updated website and Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and Foursquare accounts
• Created YouTube page that recorded more than 9,721 views
• Managed blog and put together monthly e-newsletter
• Profiled various user groups of the Trinity River and Trinity Trails
• Promoted, photographed and filmed events
Click HERE for my blog post featuring the Metroplex Water Ski Club.
Click HERE for my blog post on Mayfest.
Click HERE to read my contribution to the Dallas Morning News running blog.
Click HERE to read my interview with the109.org.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Media Relations Student Assistant
Fort Worth, Texas
January 2011 - present
- Job duties include researching, photo editing, and interviewing athletes
- Event duties include statistics and scoreboard management at football, basketball and baseball games
- Software includes The Automatic Scorebook (Stat Crew Software), Netitor, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, OES Scoreboards
Click HERE to read an athlete Q&A I put together.
Click HERE to see one of the athlete 2010 capsules I wrote.
Saturday, April 2, 2011
June - August 2010
• Primary media contact for the Olympic sport’s national governing body
• Wrote press releases, facilitated interviews, and managed website and social media
• Garnered coverage from media outlets around the world, including Washington Post, Dallas Morning News and Xinhua News Agency (China)
• Covered U.S. fencers at 2010 FIE World Cup in New York City, 2010 Summer National Championships in Atlanta and 2010 Youth Olympic Games in Singapore
Click HERE to read my feature on Olympic silver medalist Tim Morehouse.
Click HERE to read an article from Summer Nationals.
Click HERE to read an article from the NYC World Cup.
Aimee Berg, TeamUSA.org, "Back to School for Fencing Champ"
Karel Holloway, Dallas Morning News, "16-year-old Garland fencer traveling to Singapore for Youth Olympics"
Paul Danzer, The Columbian (Ore.), "SW Washington fencers hit their mark at nationals"
Friday, April 1, 2011
• Represented the U.S. as part of the International Olympic Committee's "Young Reporters" program - one of 28 reporters from around the world
• Produced print, video, audio, photographic and social media content for use by the International Olympic Committee and its various media outlets
• Wrote content for TeamUSA.org and Olympic.org
Click HERE to read my recap of the men's and women's bronze medal basketball games.
Click HERE to read a swimming recap.
Click HERE to read my Q&A with hockey player Angela Ruggiero.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
• Maintained the official 2010 U.S. Olympic Team roster file and responded to media requests from newspapers across the country
• Transcribed flash quotes from press conferences and post-competition mixed zone sessions for Pressbox.TeamUSA.org
• Assisted the press attaché for the U.S. Alpine Ski Team on-site at each competition
• Posted from @USOlympic Twitter account to more than 7,500 followers and created @usocbrk Breaking News account for more than 500 journalists during the Games
Click HERE for my press release announcing the 2010 U.S. Olympic Team.
Click HERE to read my flash quotes following a women's alpine skiing event.
Click HERE to read my transcript of the doubles luge press conference.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Media Relations Intern
Colorado Springs, Colo.
July – January 2009
• Coordinated USOC Athlete of the Month and SportsMan of the Year honors including working with National Sport Governing Bodies to garner nominations, issue ballot and write press release
• Assisted in organizing the 2010 U.S. Olympic Team Media Summit in Chicago including creating schedules for 75 Olympic hopefuls and overseeing their photo sessions
• Assisted in organizing the filming of an episode of NBC’s The Biggest Loser at the Olympic Training Center
• Produced weekly Olympic Sports Scene e-newsletter with recaps and previews of all Olympic sports
Click HERE to read my press release announcing the 2009 USOC Awards.
Click HERE to read my feature on luge athlete Noelle Pikus-Pace.
Click HERE to read one of my USOC Athletes and Team of the Month announcements.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Media Relations Assistant
San Antonio, Texas
• Created pre-game and post-game notes for the national semifinals and final
• Researched tournament and school records, interesting statistics
Click HERE to read my game notes for Connecticut from the Championship Final.
Friday, March 25, 2011
January - August 2007
• Covered University of Texas Longhorn baseball during the 2007 season
• Researched and previewed upcoming football and baseball opponents
• Called high school coaches and compile statistics of recruits
Click HERE to read one of my baseball game recaps.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
February - May 2008
• Wrote and edited area guides for postcodes across England
• Online research for press releases
• Provided logic for automated online content, affecting over 2,000 sites
Click HERE to read one of my area guides.